Sunday, May 31, 2009

Size Matters

Saturday I attended a picnic that thanked all of the dogs who volunteer their time participating in pet therapy programs.

I even had the chance to meet some new friends, both big and small.

It was entertaining to watch the big dog tails wag and almost knock the food off the picnic tables.

My little dog friends and I were all holding our breath and hoping that the Great Dane would knock the cold cut platter down to our level. Boy, that would be heaven.

Every once in a while I wish I could swap places and be the biggest dog on the block.

I wonder what that would feel like.

As it turns out I am going to have my chance!

Next month my family anticipates a new little arrival. Although it won’t be covered in soft furry hair like me, I hear that these small bundles of joy called babies are quite cuddly.

Once this baby arrives I will no longer be the smallest member of my pack. Yipe!

But I do hear that I will have to learn some big sister skills so that I can welcome the newest addition to our family. Stay tuned for my progress.

2 comments:

Oonie said...

OH! BELLA!!!! THAT IS SUCH FABULOUS NEWS! I am so excited for you. If you have big sister skills one-tenth as good as your lovely handler's baby skills, you will be a hit.
I'm teary with joy over here, anticipating your family's new arrival! Congratulations!

Patti Talbott said...

Bella, hope you are being the best, very best big sister and also helping the new family to share and love. Best to you!