Monday, August 31, 2009

Sleep

The most peaceful moment I have ever experienced was watching my baby brother sleep.

I know, I know as the saying goes, you are supposed to sleep when the baby sleeps.

But how can I be expected to do that?

Looking at his delicate sweet face gets my heart racing and I wind up staring at him for hours (so that is where my day goes!).

Now I understand how Monet could look at the same subject and paint it so many times so many different ways.

But Monet’s water lilies have nothing on my little brother.

So far my favorite time to watch him sleep is in the middle of the night when the soft moonlight illuminates his face.

Sometimes I think I even see little angel wings and a halo form around my brother.

Truly, our baby is a gift from heaven above.

So sleep tight my friends for I will be up all night awestruck by my baby.

2 comments:

Oonie said...

Enjoy these miracle moments, my friends. You make me smile remembering as my "baby" turns 4. He is still a wonder to me every night. Wishing you more moments of amazement!

Anonymous said...

Reading this post brings back many, many memories...........and my baby is 21! I still watch in awe as she sometimes takes a nap on the couch, curled up, exhausted, but looking so peaceful (curled up to the content and happy dog with his "little girl" cuddled next to him). Time flies. Enjoy!