Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Blessing

As I sat quietly outside of the church waiting for the “blessing of the animals,” I though about a dog I met at the park today.

He only had three legs.

When I first saw him, I could feel a lump begin to form in my throat.

I couldn’t help but feel sad for him and I wondered how he got around with just three legs.

And then I saw my answer.

Just fine!

In fact, I think he was one of the happiest dogs I ever met.

Watching him romp around with his friends made me feel so warm inside.

I admired his ability to make the best of his situation and continue to enjoy the simple pleasures of life like spending a sunny day outside with friends.

His joy for life was moving and the memory of him running in the park will be a reminder for me to count my blessings.

No comments: