Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Crumbs

What might be a crumb to others is a banquet to me!

Some of you might take birthday cake for granted, but I sure don’t. It isn’t often that I get to steal away a crumb.

Luckily this time I did not have to resort to robbery! I would hate to have to be put in birthday cake jail.

Naturally, for my birthday, my Mom baked up some moist fluffy cake to share with my pet therapy friends.

As you might imagine, I am not allowed to eat cake with heaps of butter cream frosting on top.

But, this year, now that I am three (in dog years that is grown up), I am allowed to lick the plates since I am the birthday girl.

As soon as the little crumb of birthday cake hits my tongue, it is a like having an explosion of a sweet tang in your mouth.

So if you didn’t get to share some of my cake, be sure to go to the nearest bakery and have a slice and as that sweet sensation hits your tongue, think of me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! The work you do as a therapy dog is so important--you do great things by bringing cheer to people who really need it.

I'd also like to thank you for linking to Drs. Foster & Smith pet supplies in your "Favorite Places to Sniff" section - much appreciated!