Sunday, April 6, 2008

Honorable Mention

And honorable mention goes to … ME !

Today I won an award for the sit/stay contest at the annual Fala Doggie Day in the Park fair. It was an honor – I am going to wear my ribbon all week! Maybe we should have a celebration party too!

You are probably wondering who is Fala?

Fala was President Roosevelt’s dog and apparently Fala even had his own staff in the White House! Maybe I’ll place an ad in the paper and start colleting resumes for an “assistant to Bella” position.

In addition to the fun and games at Fala Day, I worked at the Comfort Caring Canines Therapy Dogs Inc. information table.

I very much enjoyed meeting all different types of dogs from the small ones to the big ones, from the old ones to the young ones.

On our recruitment sign it explains that pet therapy dogs come in all shape and sizes. I believe that our differences are what make the world a fascinating place – we should be sure to celebrate and embrace each other’s unique traits.

1 comment:

Dianne Moore said...

Congratulations BELLA! Shirley Road is lucky to have such a big hearted puppy on our street!

Dianne