Monday, June 30, 2008

The Leash Craze

Whenever I leave one of my pet therapy sites, I always have a few residents who ask if they can hold my leash and walk me to my car.

Whoever thought a leash could be so popular.

But, my mom tells me they are not really interested in the leash itself, but rather what is on the end of the leash (me!).

It is so interesting how a little piece of rope can bring about such a connection.

As soon as someone grabs onto my leash I can see a change in the way they hold their head and heart. Something seems to open up inside and a calming energy flows back and forth from the person to me.

My leash has become so popular that I am making all sorts of friends. Even statues of tigers!

Hopefully someday we’ll get to meet and you can have a turn too at holding my leash!

No comments: