Sunday, December 7, 2008

Barketplace

While some shop at the market for gifts and goodies, I prefer to shop at Barketplace.

Barketplace is like a big candy store for dogs and dog lovers alike.

Before I shopped, I put some time in as a volunteer to help get the festivities underway.

I volunteered for the meet and greet committee.

Since I am a bit shorter than some (well, most) of the dogs that attended, I sat up on the table to greet each shopper with a smile and encouraged them to buy, buy, buy!

Although Barketplace was full of treats, toys, doggie clothes and cool leash sets, it was hard at times to find the perfect gift.

Should I buy my friends a bone or a chew toy?

The choices and pressure to find just the right gift can make your head spin.

As I took a moment to step away from my shopping frenzy, it hit me.

It is not necessarily the gift itself that matters, but it is the process of giving a gift to let someone know you care.

The act of giving is a gift in and of itself.

No comments: