Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Bunny Hop

Today, with my floppy pink bunny ears, I helped a few little girls find their bunny legs.

Actually, the title of this entry should read the doggie trot down the children’s wing. Nonetheless, I made some friends today.

Luckily for me I started to attend dog school last week to work on some of my skills. My impeccable heeling came in handy this afternoon!

Two little girls, Nina and Isabella, were all curled up in their hospital beds and their nurse came to tell them that it was time to get some exercise and walk down the hallway. Nina and Isabella frowned and did not look the least bit interested.

After visiting a little while, I told Nina and Isabella I had to go and visit other patients. As I was leaving Nina asked if they could come with me. My Mom said, “sure the more the merrier!”

Both Nina and Isabella smiled and crawled out of bed ready to walk around with me. Call it a miracle, or call it the love of a dog, but these little girls seemed to hop right into the spirit of Easter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And Bella, you made Adminstrative Row so much happier as well!! Your love extends throughout the hospital!! Happy Easter to you and yours!!!!