Friday, March 7, 2008

The Lollipop

Is there anything sweeter than licking a lollipop?

There sure is!

Apparently one of my distinct attributes is my enthusiasm to greet people. When I say “hello!” I love to bounce around and lick them all over.

I have come to recognize certain people at the sites I visit regularly. There is one resident, Gertrude, who always waits at the door for my arrival.

As such, I see it fitting to give her particularly special kisses as I greet her.

The last time I saw Gertrude I wouldn’t stop licking her face. My kiss could have been in the “World’s Record Book” for the longest puppy kiss!


Gertrude giggled, “You must think I am a lollipop.”

For me, Gertrude was sweeter than a lollipop. Her kind smile drew me in and made me feel like a little treasure. The least I could do was reciprocate the feeling.

No comments: