Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our Easter Anniversary

If you asked my Mom, she would say she picked me out of the litter.

I, however, have to disagree.

For those of you who know my parents, you would not be surprised to learn that they had read several articles on how to pick a happy, playful puppy. While they were busily studying, I was dreaming of a place to call home.

As soon as I laid eyes on my parents, I knew they were family I was waiting for - I pulled out all my best tricks from the incessant puppy kisses to the soft nuzzles to convey my love.

My family picked me up on Easter two years ago, and for me it was fitting Easter as is associated with rebirth and new beginnings. Some might say that Easter is our family’s anniversary.

Family comes in all different shapes, sizes and forms. In my short little life, I have come to appreciate that family is more than the people and puppies you live with; it is the feeling of warmth, love, promise and hope.

While we could argue who loved who first, either way the end result is unconditional.

No comments: