Monday, January 7, 2008

I'm Contagious

The verdict is in – I’ve got it and I’m contagious! Yes, I’ve got the happy bug and last week it spread like wildfire. When I checked-in at the hospital Volunteer Office, there was a special request that I visit a patient, Jean, on the 6th floor. When I arrived at Jean’s room, I hopped up on her bed, offered my belly for a rub and rolled around. She started laughing and I answered her laugh with a bark. I guess we were making such a hullabaloo that the nurses came to the room. I thought I was in trouble, but it was just the contrary. The nurses came with messages that other patients heard the dog and wanted a visit too. Some of the patients couldn’t wait any longer so they started to form a line in the hallway. Jean invited my admirers in her room and soon there was a little party on the 6th floor. Who knew that the hospital could be so much fun! And don’t worry, the party will continue at least for the week because Thursday is my birthday – I’ll be 2 !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you in Adminstration as well!!! God Bless, and Happy Near Year!

Bella said...

Thanks for your comment. We'll be sure to stop by this Thursday ... and we'll be bringing birthday cupcakes too! :) Bella