Monday, February 25, 2008

Good Dog Gala

On Saturday night I attended my first gala! The Pennsylvania SPCA hosted its second annual Good Dog Gala. It was all about the dog! I was one pampered pooch!

Luckily I was dressed for the occasion and decked out in my pink flower leash set and matching pink bow. It was fun to meet so many new people and dog friends too!

The energy of the event was invigorating. The placed was jam packed with people who were dedicated to enriching the lives of animals.

During the evening we had a chance to watch some videos of animals that had been rescued. It was devastating to see the conditions that some of my fellow dogs had to endure.

The most heartwarming part of the night came when we had a chance to meet the dogs that were featured in the video. Prior to being rescued their situation seemed hopeless, and now at the gala they were happily barking and wagging their tails. It is amazing what a little love can do.

It was humbling to be surrounded by so many people who were dedicated to rescuing and providing for an animal in need. Without their devotion and compassion, some of my furry friends would not be with us today.

Thank you to all who volunteer and donate their time to help make the world a kinder and gentler place.

No comments: