Sunday, February 10, 2008

Reunited

Did you ever get the feeling that your heart is beating so fast that you think it might jump out of your skin?

Well I did today. My parents returned from vacation and the moment I saw them I began to leap and howl with excitement.

Immediately I showered them with lots of puppy kisses (which my parents reciprocated) and ran circles around them. As my Mom picked me up for an embrace, I remembered something a friend said to us when I was just 14 weeks old.

Back as a puppy, when I was learning to walk on the leash (still practicing today!), we stopped in front of a neighbor’s house. I remember rubbing noses with my Mom and nuzzling with her in the middle of the street.

My neighbor came out of her house and said “ah, new love, how beautiful.”

Though not new today, our love has grown and is still that kind of love that warms the heart and soul.

Love comes in all forms. Sometimes we need to stop, look around and let our hearts be filled with those tender bits of affection from our family and friends (and remember your furry friends too!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jodi,

That is so touching it makes me want to cry! In love, (and life) you always get back what you give, and more!

Glad to have you all back on the street!