Friday, February 29, 2008

Happily Ever After

Once upon a time there was a little therapy dog who visited a school. And the only rule was that the students couldn’t say the three-letter word … cat!

Tonight I went to an elementary school as part of a “Read-In” program. The students flocked to the library to read their favorite stories to my fellow therapy dogs and me.

What a bunch of talented readers!

So as the story goes, nobody said the word cat (oops, I mean - - -). As per my request, they replaced the word with dog - now that is more like it!

I heard stories like “The Dog in the Hat” and “Meow the Dog.” As you can imagine this generated some giggles.

It was fun to watch their little eyes dart across the pages and eagerly spill out the words with fervor.

What a picture - kids, dogs, books and laughter. Mix it together and the future looks pretty bright!

Hopefully the story will continue and reading will become part of our happily ever after!

No comments: